A WebXR whirlwind tour
How VR and AR allow us to immerse our users in new experiences?
18. October, 13:30 - 14:05, Track A
A year of mob programming - tips and tricks
We've learned to master this way of working the hard way, by continuously improving on our processes.
19. October, 14:15 - 14:50, Track B
Tips and tricks for using and formatting text on Android platform.
18. October, 15:35 - 16:00, Track A
Beyond Goats & Silos
Are the principles of DevOps still applicable, and how to we go beyond the Goats & Silos of DevOps?
18. October, 16:10 - 16:45, Track A
Bridging Realities with WebXR and Web Bluetooth
19. October, 17:15 - 17:50, Track A
Build a 12-factor microservice with MicroProfile
The best practice of building a first-class microservice is to follow 12-Factor app.
18. October, 16:10 - 16:45, Track B
Building on the shoulders of giants
How Nutanix build a scale-out distributed hyper-converged system using available open source components such as Cassandra, Zookeeper, KVM...
19. October, 13:30 - 14:05, Track B
Business & Beer Sessions vol. 1 - Digital Transformation: all of the Business and Beer - none of the BS!
First ever Business & Beer Session where we bring people together and bounce of ideas of each other, share experiences and help wade through all the BS surrounding the topic of Digital Transformation.
18. October, 15:35 - 16:00, Track B
Cloud scale IoT messaging
Meet Eclipse Hono, a cloud-based IoT connectivity platform.
18. October, 14:15 - 14:50, Track B
Opening of the Heapcon 2018.
18. October, 8:30 - 9:00, Track A
Continuous Deployment for Mission Critical Infrastructures
Helping mobile operators in their transformation to fast moving engaging experience providers.
19. October, 15:45 - 16:20, Track B
Decomposing Java applications
Ending up with application design that has good chance to evolve over the years without introducing additional accidental complexity.
18. October, 10:00 - 10:45, Track B
Engineers and Writers - The Documentation Tango
Developing and documenting a product is like a complicated dance where both sides think to lead.
18. October, 16:50 - 17:25, Track B
Escaping Developer Nightmares
Have you ever worked on a legacy project, like lots of source code, but no unit tests?
18. October, 11:45 - 12:30, Track A
Fear: The Driver Behind Our Behavior
Did you know there are only five root causes of fear? Yep, only five.
19. October, 10:45 - 11:20, Track A
Field-tested interfaces for the next billion
Building products for a different kind of digital landscape than many of us are used to.
19. October, 15:45 - 16:20, Track A
Going Web Native
Introduction to Progressive Web Apps, Web Components, Web Assembly.
18. October, 11:00 - 11:35, Track B
Hacking Web Performance
Important steps that most web professionals are making to improve performance.
19. October, 13:30 - 14:05, Track A
How we built Dev.Tube
Built by 2 developers in only 2 months.
19. October, 14:15 - 14:50, Track A
Idea to Execution and Beyond
A high-level run-through of what it takes to execute and launch a project.
18. October, 14:15 - 14:50, Track A
Improving your Git workflows
Tips and tricks for improving developer productivity.
19. October, 16:30 - 17:05, Track B
It’s My (Third) Party and I'll Cry If I Want To
A look at the unruly or uninvited (third-)party guests.
19. October, 11:30 - 12:05, Track A
Leverage pre existing libraries today in order to get amazing performance and features in your current web apps.
19. October, 15:00 - 15:35, Track A
Let your users decide what they want
Letting the users help you understand what they need and if a particular feature is really useful for the users by using the technique of A/B testing.
18. October, 13:30 - 14:05, Track B
Making great, discoverable web apps
How to build web apps that work great for your users and can be found better via search engines, too.
19. October, 16:30 - 17:05, Track A
Musings and Music: Modular Synths and Microservices
A musical and architectural exploration in design, creativity, and emerging standards in a chaotic world.
18. October, 17:35 - 18:10, Track A
OPC UA – ready for Industry 4.0 with open source
How production ready open source projects can help build your OPC UA solution on the device and cloud level.
18. October, 16:50 - 17:25, Track A
Programmatic advertising - or who decides what ads I'll see?
How are millions of ads evaluated in under 10ms, at 250k requests/second.
19. October, 11:30 - 12:05, Track B
Scaling Data In The Cloud
One of the great things about cloud deployments is the easy scaling.
19. October, 10:00 - 10:35, Track B
Serverless Java in action with Fn!
Serverless computing and FaaS radically change how software is organized, deployed, and charged for.
18. October, 11:45 - 12:30, Track B
Serverless: The Missing Manual
Serving files without a web server and managing application state in a stateless environment.
19. October, 10:00 - 10:35, Track A
Springing into Kotlin: How to Make the Magic even more Magical
How Kotlin can be used to reduce boilerplate, increase code quality, and elevate your wizardry.
18. October, 10:00 - 10:50, Track A
Starting a company, growing from 3 to 300 people, and selling
How the company changed as it went through the various stages of growth.
19. October, 12:10 - 12:35, Track A
Technology for a Moving World
Building applications that assist people as they drive, or even drive a car all on its own – more safely and more efficiently than human drivers can.
19. October, 12:10 - 12:35, Track B
Testing in the 21st Century
Microservices architecture has changed how companies develop and deploy applications.
18. October, 11:00 - 11:35, Track A
The Engineering-Manager Transition
Tactics for using an engineer's natural pattern-matching skills within a framework for dealing with the situationally complex problems that arise within growing modern technical teams.
19. October, 9:00 - 9:55, Track A
Uncovering the secrets of Progressive Web Apps
The current state of PWAs, available platforms, compatibility, business and technical challenges.
19. October, 17:15 - 17:50, Track B
Unified User Experience for next generation trading systems
How to unify a complex trading solution to create a first class user experience?
18. October, 15:00 - 15:25, Track B
Use of JHipster in building next-gen Devops intelligence
Experience of using JHipster in building the newest DevOps product from XebiaLabs.
18. October, 17:35 - 18:10, Track B
Using Chaos Engineering for Building Resilient Systems
Chaos Engineering takes the complexity of a distributed system and test it holistically by simulating turbulent conditions and observing how the system responds and performs.
18. October, 9:00 - 9:55, Track A
What I learned about Serverless from building a Pokémon Radar
Build Serverless system with lambdas running in seven different parts of the world.
19. October, 15:00 - 15:35, Track B
What if Spring framework disappeared for a week?
How to distinguish important framework features from syntatic glue.
19. October, 10:45 - 11:20, Track B
iOS-Factor: A methodology for building high-quality iOS apps on a solid architecture
Applying more up-to-date engineering practices into your daily development workflow.
18. October, 15:00 - 15:25, Track A